I definitely agree with Hannah's suggestion for data in Excel, but if you
have this kind of problem in future and your data is already in Python, you
can use set intersections.

set1 & set2 gives you a set of the elements common to both sets.

If your data are in lists, no problem - set(a_list) will turn a_list into a
set.

So set([your, first, list]) & set([your, second, list])

Sets, unlike lists, are unordered and don't allow duplicates. I tend to
find this is exactly what I am looking for if I am turning a list into a
set (in fact set(a_list) is a very handy way to remove duplicates), but
fair warning, in case this is not what you want.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#set-types-set-frozenset

--
Andromeda Yelton
Senior Software Engineer, MIT Libraries: https://libraries.mit.edu/