I leveraged the IMPORTXML() and xpath features in Google Sheets to pull
information from a large university website to help create a set of weeding
lists for a branch campus. They needed  extra details about what was in
off-site storage and what was held at the central campus library.

This was very much like Jason's FIFO API, the central reporting group had
sent me a spreadsheet with horrible data that I would have had to sort out
almost completely manually, but the call numbers were pristine. I used the
call numbers as a key to query the catalog with limits for each campus I
needed to check, and then it dumped all of the necessary content (holdings,
dates, etc) into the spreadsheet.

I've also used Feed43 as a way to modify certain RSS feeds and scrape
websites  to only display the content I want.

Brett Williams