There's a Very Large Catalog that includes the holdings of many libraries.
Links from that VLC into our OPAC (aka Walter) assume that our MARCs
include the relevant VLC #s (or sometimes an ISBN) which they don't always
do (often because many of our VLC numbers appear to be obsolete). So, when
Walter can't find anything for a given VLC# he screen scrapes the VLC to
find out the title and author (if there is one) so that he can then send
you into the OPAC with a keyword search that might work.

I've been keeping a log of titles that have required this intervention and
am happy to report that it works well. When it doesn't we now have the
information we need to follow-up and remove our holdings from the Very
Large Catalog.

Guy

<http://www.drew.edu/?utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>
  *Guy Dobson
<http://www.drew.edu/directory/?q=email:gdobson&utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>*
Systems Librarian | Library
<http://www.drew.edu/library?utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>
Drew University | 36 Madison Ave | Madison, NJ 07940
(973) 408-3207 | drew.edu
<http://www.drew.edu/?utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>

<http://www.drew.edu/undergraduate/?utm_source=FIL_Email_Footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FIL%2BEmail%2BFooter>