On 28 November 2017, Brad Coffield wrote:

> I think there's likely a lot of possibilities out there and was hoping to
> hear examples of web scraping for libraries. Your example might just
> inspire me or another reader to do something similar. At the very least,
> the ideas will be interesting!

I'm scraping atmospheric CO2 numbers daily from the United States NOAA:

https://github.com/wdenton/noa2co2

They post the numbers by hand every day in a little box, but they don't make
those daily numbers available in a useful format.  Until something is available
officially, it was easiest for me to scrape and accumulate on my own.

I use the most recent number for GHG.EARTH [0].

Bill

[0] http://ghg.earth/
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/