Hey, Virgil!  I hope all is going well over there in VT.  Sounds like
you’re after two things here:  Software as Service (SaaS) and
Infrastructure as Service (IaaS).  Office 365 is SaaS and would likely suit
your productivity needs as long as you’re just looking for office based
productivity software.  Google Drive offers something similar and may
possibly be cheaper.  We have both 365 and Google Drive here at Eastern
Oregon University, though I find myself using Google more for its
convenience (it's much easier to collaborate with other organizations).
There are probably others out there, too, but pricing for both is readily
available on their sites and it sounds like both would suit your needs.

IaaS is a little more complicated.  The major players that I’m aware of
here are Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.  My
experience has been experimental with AWS and Azure, but mainly with AWS (I
use the University's private cloud for my server needs).  Pricing for these
services depend on how much space you use per month and how much traffic
you get.  It’s really cheap.  For example, I’ve been toying with the
possibility of using one component of AWS called S3 for digital image
archive storage (20GB of images at the moment).  Our digital archives
interface will be kept in our own private cloud while the images in the
archive actually exist on Amazon S3.  We expect no more than 10,000 item
views or GET requests per month with this setup and less than 20,000 new
images or PUT requests for storage per month.  This would cost us a little
over $2 a month.  If we happened to jump from 20GB to 1 TB the cost would
be a little over $24 a month.  I suspect Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
would have something similar.  With AWS you have access to all the
infrastructure services, but only pay for the services you actually use.
Migrating data from your standalone server to IaaS shouldn’t be too
difficult and I suspect you’d get support from whatever vendor you choose
(it wouldn’t be any more complicated than migrating from one server to
another).  It sounds like what you have are straight forward file types, so
it doesn’t sound like you’d be migrating entire systems… that would be more
complicated.   I think the next step for you is to contact these cloud
environment vendors, tell them what you’re current situation is, and
explain how you want your network infrastructure to look and behave in the
future.  I’d be curious if other folks have other IaaS solutions that
they’ve used or are aware of.

--
Jeremiah Kellogg
Systems Librarian