If there aren't any issues with needing to re-format any of these and you
just want to do a straight comparison, I would do it right in excel.  If
you have the first file values in column A, and the second file values in
column C  you could use something like this:

   - If cell A1 has the first barcode from the first file, in cell B1
   type:  =Countif(A1,C:C)
   - This is saying, count how many times the value in cell A1 shows up in
      the array of column C (i.e.  your second barcode list)
      - This will return a number
      - You can copy this formula down column B and it will execute for
      each individual value, A2, A3, A4, etc.
   - The result will give you a column that tells you either:
      -  0 = the value does not show up anywhere in your second file list
      - 1 or more = the value DOES show up in your second file list

The result should be a column that lets you identify anything from file 1
that also shows up in file 2.  there are a bunch of different excel
formulas that would do the same thing but Countif is pretty friendly
syntax-wise so I like to stick with that.