Omeka could be overkill, depending on what your needs are. I have an Omeka
site and frankly a lot of it is rather painful and counter-intuitive. If
you're working with non-library folks, then the Dublin Core fields can be
intimidating.

If you don't need all that much, perhaps a hosted WordPress instance and
this plug-in would be adequate: https://wordpress.org/plugins/photo-gallery/
Roy