A quick reminder about our need for your feedback on the PREMIS in METS toolbox. The questionnaire takes 2 minutes and your opinion would be very gratefully received.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5755R65

Closing day for the questionnaire is 30 Nov, which fittingly is also the International Digital Preservation Day.

Many thanks,
Pete

---------

Background Info
You may be aware of the PREMIS in METS Toolbox [http://pim.fcla.edu/]. This set of tools comprises:

-          A PREMIS in METS XML validation service;

-          A PREMIS to PiM/ PiM to PREMIS conversion service;

-          A digital object description service

The PREMIS Editorial Committee and the METS board wish to update the toolbox.  Currently, the PiM validation and conversion service only reflects the PREMIS 2.0 standard.

The update also offers us an opportunity to re-examine the utility of the toolbox. We have been considering options for what the future state of the toolbox may look like and we would like your thoughts and consideration.

We have set up a very quick survey to collect information on:

-          the scale of use of the toolbox

-          how it is used now

-          how people/ institutions wish to use it in the future.

The survey is totally anonymous and will be open until the end of November.

Peter McKinney | Digital Preservation Policy Analyst
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aoteatora
Direct Dial: +64 4 462 3931 |  http://digitalpreservation.natlib.govt.nz/
The National Library of New Zealand is part of the Department of Internal Affairs