Sometimes you get lucky as I did when I got two developers as
interns/student workers.  If you need someone in that position I would say
put it in the job requirements.  There are MLS librarians with CS
undergrads or developer experience.  They are just few and far between.
I've also seen Systems postions that work with or supervise developer
positions.  Sometimes you can get away with outsourcing the development and
having the internal Systems person act as a liaison/PM.

Edward Iglesias