Dear community,

We have a project underway at NYU called "Enhanced Networked
Monographs" [1] that uses topic maps [2] to merge back-of-book indexes
from about 100 open-access monographs, provides an editorial interface
through a Topic Curation Toolkit, and provides a user interface
through the Readium ebook platform.

We are using JSON-LD and Web Annotation for modeling the topic map,
and annotating topic pages accordingly.

We wanted to ask this group if it make sense to embed limited JSON-LD
into our topic webpages (e.g. at a URL such as
https://enm.dlib.nyu.edu/topic/2938) and then provide a full JSON-LD
record (at a URL such as https://enm.dlib.nyu.edu/data/2938/ld+json),
as shown in our examples [3].

It seems reasonable to us based on the content negotiation principles
described in the W3C's "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web [4], but we'd
like to know if there are other considerations to be aware of.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

[1] https://wp.nyu.edu/enmproject/

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topic_map

[3] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bbn0iCiRUNoULnOB9f46dYZfBS6yl5OKbXp6SVz-Jas/edit

[4] https://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#r303uri

--
Daniel Lovins
Head of Knowledge Access, Design & Development