From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brad Coffield
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] `APIs for Librarians` -- A thing I've been doing that I'd like to share with you all

Hi everyone,

I want to help people easily use web APIs to enhance their library websites and/or research guides. So, I made a site that has copy/pasteable code along with instructions on how to implement it (like what exactly to change in the code to make it work with their libguides system, for example).

It's a project in ongoing development and I wanted to share it with you all
because:
     * You're nifty
     * Some (hopefully many!) of you might be interested in using some of my code
     * Some of you might be interested in contributing new pieces to the site

Currently I have implementations for various Springshare products, Quotes.net, and a variety of collections from the Internet Archive. I have plans on making things for the New York Times, Wordnik, OCLC, and Chronicling America (from LOC).

Would love to hear comments. I hope you like it.

https://www.bradcoffield.com/APIs-for-librarians/

Brad

--
Brad Coffield, MLIS
Assistant Information and Web Services Librarian Saint Francis University