Reminder: This search is active and applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.

Champion for metadata?
Team player?
Creative thinker and problem solver extraordinaire?

If these phrases describe your approach to metadata librarianship, the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth invites you to apply for our Cataloging & Metadata Librarian position.  We recently added this second position to our cataloging department and are seeking an innovative, service-oriented librarian.  Our library encourages professional growth and provides support for professional development.  Recent graduates are encouraged to apply for this position.

The Cataloging & Metadata Librarian focuses on the creation, maintenance, and enrichment of metadata representing the library's digital, physical, and virtual collections. The Cataloging & Metadata Librarian works closely with colleagues to evaluate and document policies, procedures and workflows for cataloging, database maintenance and non-MARC metadata creation within the library. The librarian in this position collaborates with Library Systems & Digital Services, Archives & Special Collections and other departments to help establish metadata policies and procedures for digital projects. The Cataloging & Metadata Librarian serves as a forward-thinking leader within and beyond Library Technical Services on matters of resource description and metadata management.

For more details about the position and to apply:
bit.ly/UMDCatalogingMetadatalLibn2

Dawn E. Gross
Associate Dean of Library Services
Claire T. Carney Library