Now's the time -- sign up for NEASIST's annual conference, coming on January 8, 2018. This year we're introducing you to application programming interfaces, known to their friends as APIs.

REGISTER: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-and-using-apis-tickets-39730351551

WHO: Beginners who want to know why APIs are important in libraries; everyone who wants to find a librarian API community of practice

WHEN: Monday January 8, 2018, 9-4

WHERE: Boston (Simmons College)

HOW MUCH: $75 general, $45 ASIST members, $30 students

WHY: Finding ways to connect information is one of our biggest challenges. Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are sets of requirements that govern how one application can talk to another and share data. These capabilities are great for library users and researchers, as well as librarians and staff! Our morning speakers are experts in APIs, and through them you'll understand what APIs are and learn the practical uses of how APIs can enhance your data. In the afternoon session, you'll see hands-on demonstrations and learn about API tools you can bring back to your organization.

New this year: travel stipends! $50 to defray travel expenses for people outside the metro Boston area.  Eight stipends, first-come-first-serve, no receipts required, email [log in to unmask] to get one, details on the Eventbrite page.

QUESTIONS: [log in to unmask]