The LD4P <http://www.ld4p.org/> and LD4L-Labs
<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ld4lLABS> projects invite proposals
for presentations at our next community meeting, the *LD4 Workshop
2018*, to be held May 1 and 2, 2018, at Stanford University, California,
USA.

The *LD4 Workshop 2018* will build on the outcomes of our 2017 community
input meeting <http://meeting.ld4p.org/>, and will set the stage for
future community-driven meetings for those with an interest in advancing
linked data in libraries and related institutions.

We welcome proposals for presentations on the following themes:

  1. *Case studies of implementations of linked data in a metadata
     production setting.* You’re creating and managing linked data
     descriptions of library resources in a production setting. How did
     you get there? How did you solve challenges such as obtaining
     institutional buy-in, integrating linked data with other systems
     that rely on MARC, updating your metadata, and establishing local
     identifiers? What tools do you use? What benefits do your users see
     from your use of linked data?
  2. *Discovery. *Can you demonstrate discovery interfaces that show the
     power of linked data? What can your end-users do with your data that
     they couldn’t do before? Small-scale and one-off projects are okay,
     as long as they are actually implemented and clearly show the
     advantages of discovery with linked data vs. traditional metadata.
  3. *Community*. Share your experiences with successful community
     structures that support engagement. What is your vision for a
     community structure that will support engagement with and adoption
     of linked data? What are best practices for transparent community
     engagement? What can we learn from other community standards
     efforts? How can the library community profitably engage with others
     in the linked data space?
  4. *Tools and services for creating linked data. *Creation and
     editing environments pave the way to adoption of linked data in
     libraries and cultural heritage organizations. Which tools are
     emerging as best-in-class? How do tools handle non-static, evolving
     metadata? How do tools operate in an environment that is not
     oriented around traditional ideas of a record? How are authority
     lookup and reconciliation with other entities integrated?
     Demonstrations of effective tools, services, and processes are
     especially encouraged. We also welcome presentations about
     collaborative tool development and about new business models that
     will enable commercial tool and service vendors to embrace linked data.
  5. *Ontology use and management. *How can the community best document
     and share application profiles, which are critical for implementing
     ontologies? What best practices and best-in-class tools and
     environments can we adopt for ontology development, versioning, and
     publication?
  6. *Future visions. *Share blue-sky thinking about linked data in
     library catalogs and discovery environments. Proof not required!
     What will we be doing five years from now? Ten years from now? How
     will our work be aided and influenced by artificial intelligence and
     machine learning?

To submit a presentation proposal, use this LD4 Workshop 2018:
Presentation Proposal form
<https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6YCLBejLhEOAiQ5>,
which will ask for a description of your presentation (in about 500
words), your desired presentation length (between 5 and 20 minutes, not
including discussion time) and format (full group session of about 70
people, or smaller breakout session).

*Proposal deadline: **February 2, 2018 (5 pm PST)*
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180202T17&p1=224>*//*

Notifications of acceptance will be sent February 15, 2018.

Modest travel stipends will be given to presenters. There is no
registration fee.

(Plain-text link to proposal submission
form:https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6YCLBejLhEOAiQ5)

Best regards,

Michelle Futornick
Linked Data for Production (LD4P) Program Manager
Stanford University
Lathrop Library
Stanford, CA 94305
650-725-3656