The Work is a Thing.  The Instance is a Thing.  The Item is a Thing.  The Agent is a Thing.  The subject Nomen is a Thing.  The publisher Nomen is a Thing.  And so on.  Each has (or can have) a URI.  They have relationships between them, which can be linked by URIs.

					Steve McDonald

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Josh Welker
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] BIBFRAME nesting question

Stephen,

I've looked at Karen Coyle's examples in the past. They are extremely helpful for figuring out how to structure the BIBFRAME record, but my question is more about how the BIBFRAME model interfaces with the semantic web as a whole. As you mentioned, Karen's examples, like the LC examples Nate mentioned, have both Work and Instance objects at the top level. To my
(limited) understanding, that makes them suitable for ingestion into a local system for indexing but not necessarily as URI endpoints. For example, if I were to reference http://kcoyle.net/bibframe/sr.rdf.xml in another RDF document, how would an application know if I am referencing the Work or the Instance?

Joshua Welker
Information Technology Librarian
James C. Kirkpatrick Library
University of Central Missouri