Hello all,
I'm pretty new to the world of library systems and this is my first post.

Anyone have any experience parsing MARC Holding records (853 and 863) into a more readable 866 or 867 format?
We are wanting to export our holdings from our ILS into our Discovery Layer and trying to save some of the money that the ILS vendor would charge us to create the records.

The parsing doesn't look fun, so I was hoping someone has some code to use as a starting point.
Also, I'm not sure how clean our data in 853 and 863 is so any scripts or advice on gotchas when cleaning that up would be appreciated.
We have about 60,000 holding records.

Thanks,
Julie.

Julie Cole