 Registration is now open for an Islandora Enterprise (ISLE)-themed
hack/doc, March 12-13 at the Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)
in NYC. Attendance is free and space is limited (note that we are currently
asking that no more than two people from any single institution register at
the moment). Registration will be open until March 5th; more information is
below. Feel free to contact me (Martha, [log in to unmask]) with any
questions.

Registration:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCDs6WESTKNUcPVLeE3fs2
1M_P48xR6glxqyrv0wnAz-wZYw/viewform

More info:

What is ISLE?

Islandora Enterprise (ISLE) is a new project in development that will
address two of the most significant pain-points in Islandora--installation
and maintenance--using Docker containers. ISLE is supported by a variety of
(mostly small) institutions who have Islandora installations. For more
information, see *https://islandora-collaboration-group.github.io/ISLE/
<https://islandora-collaboration-group.github.io/ISLE/>*

What is a hack/doc and who should attend?

A hack/doc combines the form of a hackathon--bringing coders together to
work on a predetermined problem in a large block of time--with a
substantial documentation and testing component. Attendees with a wide
variety of skill sets will be welcomed and supported in hands-on work with
ISLE. Anyone who works with installation or maintenance of Islandora (e.g.
developers, DevOps folks), people from small institutions with Islandora
repositories, and folks interested in migrating to Islandora are especially
encouraged to attend.

What will we be doing?

Plans for the hack/doc are still being formed, but on one of days you can
expect to be introduced to Docker and use ISLE to spin up a full Islandora
7x stack (documentation and friendly ISLE teachers included). Other
activities may include improving ISLE testing and documentation; creating
workflows for the maintenance of ISLE installations; and discussions about
migration, future phases of the ISLE project, coordinating ISLE with
Islandora CLAW, and a planned "liberal arts sprint" to develop more robust
institutional repository features in Islandora. Finally, you can expect to
meet folks, build networks, and personally help to make ISLE more
responsive and useful for the Islandora community.

What about the venue/food/travel/etc.?

We will follow up with schedules, any do-ahead work, and any other
necessary information for registered attendees. For more logistics
information, please follow this space: https://goo.gl/mdsyyo.

--
Martha Tenney, Digital Archivist and American Studies Librarian
archives: 212.854.4079 ◦ my office: 212.853.0986