All,
  Happy New Year!

  In 2017, we have realized growth in membership, increased participation in leadership, interest groups and working groups. If you have been interested but not yet involved in NDSA efforts, I encourage you to check out NDSA groups at http://ndsa.org/ <http://ndsa.org/>.

  You may have read about our new NDSA Coordinating Committee members on the blog thanks to our incomparable Katherine Kim but I include her message here just in case you have not. Please join me in welcoming our new members Karen and Sibyl and expressing appreciation for Jim Corridan’s years of service. I also want to thank everyone who threw their hat in the ring for this election. Our hope is that everyone not elected will consider leadership in our other interest and working groups.

I hope each of you had time to recharge over the past few weeks and are ready to see what we can do together in 2018!

Robin Ruggaber (on behalf of the NDSA Coordinating Committee)
Library CTO & Sr Director
University of Virginia

From Katherine Kim at CLIR/DLF

"We are pleased to announce and welcome two new members to the National Digital Stewardship Alliance <http://ndsa.org/> Coordinating Committee, Karen Cariani and Sibyl Schaefer!

Karen Cariani is Senior Director of the WGBH Media Library and Archives (MLA) and WGBH Project Director for the American Archive of Public Broadcasting (AAPB).

Sibyl Schaefer is the Chronopolis Program Manager and Digital Preservation Analyst for Research Data Curation at the University of California, San Diego. She currently serves as the co-chair of the NDSA Infrastructure Interest Group and is an active member on the Fixity Working Group and National Agenda Working Group.

Members of the NDSA Coordinating Committee serve staggered three year terms. We thank our outgoing Coordinating Committee member, Jim Corridan, for his service and many contributions. We are also grateful to the very talented, qualified individuals who participated in this election.

To sustain a vibrant, robust community of practice, we rely on and deeply value the contributions of all members, including those who took part in voting.

Best wishes to all as we welcome Karen and Sibyl to their new roles in coming year!"