Hello all!

Bookings are now open for the fourth international User Experience in Libraries conference (commonly known as UXLibs), taking place June 6-7 at Sheffield Hallam University in Sheffield, UK. The conference is suitable for any library staff engaged in user research of physical library spaces, digital platforms and services. This year there is also have an optional half-day pre-conference workshop (June 5th) for those new to User Experience (UX) research techniques.

Keynote speakers are Christian Lauersen, library director at Roskilde University, Denmark, and inclusive designer and former punk Sara Leren from Sweden. There are also talks from Dr. Janine Bradbury (York St. John, UK) and Dr Kit Heyam (University of Leeds, UK) who will be presenting on BAME and Trans experiences of libraries.

Workshop leaders include: Shelley Gullikson (Carleton University Library, Ottawa), John Jung (University of Chicago Library), Bryony Ramsden (University of Huddersfield Library, UK), Eva Jirjahlke (Citizens Advice, London, UK), and Carl Barrow (University of Hull Library, UK).

The conference will explore how we design and deliver library services to our users, taking particular interest this time in the experience of minority groups and asking whether we can offer more inclusive experiences of libraries.

Full details can be found at: http://uxlib.org/uxlibs4/

I hope you can make it!

--
Matthew Reidsma
Web Services Librarian, Grand Valley State University

I observe email-free evenings and weekends.