Due to the interest generated in hosting the 2019 conference at the 2018 conference last week, we have extended the deadline for host proposals until March 12th.

******

The Code4Lib community is calling for proposals to host the fourteenth annual Code4Lib Conference in 2019.

Prior to submitting a proposal we recommend reviewing the conference hosting web page [0] and How To Plan a Code4LibCon on the wiki [1] to learn more about the kind of venue the community seeks and the responsibilities involved with hosting the conference.  In particular, we would like to point out that in recent years, the total cost of hosting the conference has been in the low to middle-low six figures.

The deadline for proposals is midnight EST on Friday, February 23rd, 2018. The decision will be made via online popular vote. Voting dates are TBD based on receipt of proposals.

You can apply by making your pitch to the Code4Lib Conference Planning list [2]; the main Code4Lib mailing list [3]; and by linking to your proposal on the 2019 Hosting Proposals wiki page [4]; attention to the criteria listed on the conference hosting page is appreciated. Good luck!

A number of people who have helped organize past conferences are on the main mailing list, Slack, and IRC.  In addition, members of the Local Planning Committee for the 2018 Conference will also be available to potential bidders to answer questions; if you wish to get in touch or set up a call, please contact Peggy Griesinger at peggygriesinger at gmail dot com.

Here's a sample of past successful cities

* 2018 https://wiki.code4lib.org/2018_Hosting_Proposals#Washington_DC_2018_Code4Lib_Proposal
* 2016 https://c4l-phl.github.io/
* 2015 http://osulp.github.io/code4lib-pdx/
* 2014 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1amxzn4xs26ILszZek5nIEEfd4qHNfLjp1BAc5CU5YKw/edit