My preference is to go with ISOs (vs individual files or other formats)
simply because I like to preserve as much as possible the original disk
format, and the ISO format has plenty of cross platform support with the
ability to mount them as if they were disks.  There's a pretty good
discussion about what file format to use for archiving in the Mac
environment, with additional considerations here: https://discussions.
apple.com/thread/476610.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

<https://whiteplainslibrary.org/>
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*