Colleagues –

You may recall that I posted a link to a “Next Steps for FAST” survey on 13
November 2017 – the survey closed on 15 December 2017. That survey was
developed by representatives of five  research libraries  – Brown,
Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, and Yale – to gauge interest in the current
features of OCLC’s FAST
<http://www.oclc.org/research/themes/data-science/fast.html> (Faceted
Application of Subject Terminology) and potential enhancements.

We received 586 responses to the survey. The “FAST Five” have prepared this
report
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HdPrWOKGprYKRSVO9JYiaQ6DULpdDjek3P3C1V7nXqs/edit>
 summarizing the results, conclusions, and next steps. It will be posted on
the same lists as the original survey link was posted, so you may see
copies of the report on other lists you subscribe to.

Many thanks to all of you who responded to the survey!

Posted on behalf of the FAST Five:

Brown (Boaz Nadav-Manes)

Columbia (Kate Harcourt)

Cornell (Jim LeBlanc)