Our database policy at Texas A&M is in the context of the LibGuides A-Z
list. We have both automatic and manual inclusion:

   - Process for Automatic Inclusion:
   - Electronic Resources Librarian will add all resources to the A-Z list
      automatically if the resource meets the following criteria:
         - Fits into one of the database types or is an article or A&I
         resource
         - Is a collection of items, not an individual item
         - Access is paid for by TAMU
      - Process for Manual Inclusion:
   - Selector contacts the Electronic Resources Librarian with the
      following information:
         - Name of Resource
         - URL to resource
         - Description to display to users
         - Subject association
         - Brief justification for inclusion (1-2 sentences)
         - Brief note on the stability of the resource (1-2 sentences)

There is than an annual review process for weeding.

Attached is the full policy.

Hope that helps,
Beth

--
Elizabeth German
Assistant Professor | Service Design Librarian