A little late to the game, I have the reverse problem as you, Mike.

I have a MLIS and I've found myself in the tech world (currently working as
a software engineer in test infrastructure) and unable to get find similar
work (or work I can jump to) for libraries.

Still exploring and trying to find my place.

Cheers,
Brian