Currently at the University of Illinois Springfield we are using Archon for archival management, however we are exploring moving away from Archon. The systems we are looking at include Islandora, ArchivesSpace, Omeka, and Archivematica. My hopes currently lie with a combination of Islandora and Archivematica for flexibility and ease of transition, but Omeka is very simple and I think it would be easy for anyone to use. I'm also looking at ArchivesSpace due to the fact that it has a nice migration tool for Archon, and that may facilitate the transition of data to a new system but AS does have good merits on its own.

-Alan Huebschen

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Turner, Steven
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 3:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] What DAMS does your institution use, and why?

Hi everyone - At The University of Alabama Libraries, we are currently in the discussion phase of considering a new Digital Asset Management System. Therefore, we are curious what other institutions use, and perhaps their reasoning, and / or satisfaction with that tool. Also, if you’d like to indicate public/private, it’d be appreciated. Answer as much or as little as you like, I do not want to be a burden on already busy schedules and workdays - if you want to just tell me the tool then that would be more than enough info. I’m reading lots of articles on the topic at the moment, and I haven’t seem much in terms of a comprehensive survey of institutions and the tools they use, but lots of ‘a building body of evidence indicates such-and such’ - I’d like to try and see more accurately what folks are using.

Thank you so much in advance, if you care to participate.

Steven Turner.

Steven Turner, MLIS
Manager, Web Technologies and Development, Assistant Professor University Libraries The University of Alabama
416 Gorgas Library | Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0266 office 205-348-1638 [log in to unmask] | http://www.lib.ua.edu/

[cid:[log in to unmask]]