Not a librarian.  I have a BS in Comp Sci, and started work as the Voyager server admin in the 90's. I'm officially a cataloging technician but pretty much just do nothing but systems work anymore.  I do most of the reporting, most of the record cleanup/jobs/batch fixes and edits, and write some code to get around Alma's "issues", along with run various other systems supporting the library.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Rios
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 6:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Librarians and computer science

Hello I hope you are all well!!

My name is Michael I am a public librarian with the New York public library.

I have been taking cs classes on and off for the last five years. I greatly enjoy them but feel slightly split between two worlds.

Are there many of us (librarians) who code?? If so please let me know if you mind having your brain picked.

Many thanks!!

Sincerely,
Mike