Definitely use a virtualenv when possible. It'll save you a ton of
headaches down the road. I was at a python conference in December, and this
speaker had a great segment about virtualenvs:
https://youtu.be/bxCp3Ciwjm0?t=3m50s

My personal preference is virtualenvwrapper. It gives you a lot of extra
options over the normal virtualenv, and streamlines it for command-line
usage.

--
Brian Wu
Email: [log in to unmask]