FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

The Department of Library at Kingsborough Community College is seeking candidates for Reader Services Librarian for the 2018-2019 academic year. The Reader Services Librarian in collaboration with colleagues, serves as a reference librarian, develops and delivers instructional classes, and participates in collection development in one or more subject areas. The successful candidate will also be assigned additional professional tasks according to individual strengths and experience. Candidate must demonstrate and maintain a record of excellence in librarianship, scholarly achievement and service for reappointment, tenure, and promotion. Serves on Library, College and University committees. The work schedule during an academic year includes regular evening rotations and some weekends. For more information see the Robert J. Kibbee Library website at http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/kcclibrary/.

Library faculty support a college library through providing in-depth consultation with students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices. Pursues an active scholarly agenda, performs supervisory duties, and participates in college-and university-wide programs and committees as assigned.

Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.

QUALIFICATIONS

Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution, with a second graduate degree required. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.

Other Qualifications: Experience in the operations of the Exlibris Aleph library system a plus. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to formulate ideas clearly in both written and spoken form. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty and students in interpreting and advancing the work of the library in support of learning and teaching and college level reference. Teaching and/or library instruction experience are essential as is knowledge of electronic information resources. Education/academic experience in computer application as strong plus.

In keeping with Kingsborough's mission of attracting, motivating, developing and retaining diverse and talented faculty and staff, we strongly encourage applicants with experiences in diverse cultures to apply.

COMPENSATION

$47,340 - $81,865; salary commensurate with experience and education.

CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.

HOW TO APPLY

From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 18283 or Title.

Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.

CLOSING DATE

March 15, 2018

JOB SEARCH CATEGORY

CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.

Job Title: Reader Services Librarian(Assistant Professor) (Tenure Track)

Job ID: 18283

Location: Kingsborough Community College

Full/Part Time: Full-Time

Regular/Temporary: Regular

To apply: https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-ny/reader-services-librarianassistant-professor-tenure-track/EF3290BA6725444FABAE136BBF8154CF/job/

----