AVP is pleased to announce the release of Fixity 1.0! Fixity is a free file
monitoring and attendance tool that allows users to schedule regular scans
of files and folders to generate reports on new, changed, moved, renamed or
missing files. Additionally, generated reports can be automatically sent to
user-defined email addresses to alert of any changes found in scanned files.

This release represents a rebuild from the ground up and a change of coding
language from Python to Java. This release also includes the following
improvements:

   - Addressed MacOS Sierra compatibility issues
   - Addressed Java 1.8 compatibility issues
   - Added unlimited number of directories for scanning
   - Added email user authentication via the Google API for increased email
   reliability
   - Added “Disable Schedule” feature to allow users to use in a “Run Now”
   only mode
   - Bugs disallowing checksum algorithm changes were addressed
   - Added ability to select the location of Fixity history and reports
   folders
   - Creation of history and reports folder now takes place upon initial
   launch instead of being part of the installation/download package
   - A bug with the encryption of passwords was fixed

Fixity 1.0 is available for Mac and Windows. Download links and related
documentation can be found at the following URL:
https://www.weareavp.com/products/fixity/

Fixity 1.0 is being released as a free application with the source code
remaining closed. This will facilitate a more efficient path to development
of a future Fixity Pro version – to be sold in app stores – with an
extended feature set beyond the free version. Our hope is that this
approach will yield a sustainable path for the ongoing support,
maintenance, and development of the Fixity application for many years to
come.

The old code <https://github.com/weareavp/fixity> repository for Fixity
will remain available and open under an AGPL v3 license and will become
officially unsupported so that we can focus our resources on the new code.

We thank all Fixity users for your continued feedback and input and we
invite you to stay tuned for more exciting updates in the near future. You
can stay in the loop by joining the Fixity user group
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fixity-users> and you can contact
us via Twitter @WeAreAVP <https://twitter.com/WeAreAVP> or email

Cheers,
Amy

*PS In case you missed it, AVPreserve is now AVP — you can reach us at
weareavp.com <http://weareavp.com>.*

Amy Rudersdorf

New York | Wisconsin | Florida | Wyoming | Chile

917-475-9630
https://weareavp.com <https://www.weareavp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/WeAreAVP> <https://twitter.com/WeAreAVP>
<http://linkedin.com/in/amyrudersdorf/>