*Hello! We are gearing up for Advanced Samvera Camp in Minneapolis May 7-9!
We are excited to announce an addition to our curriculum. Trey Pendragon
will be joining us! Take a look at the updated course outline below.
Registration and additional information can be found here
<https://advancedsamveracamp-mpls-2018.eventbrite.com>. Reserve your spot
today. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We look
forward to seeing you in Minneapolis. All the best, Rachel and the DCE
team!---------------*

*Advanced Samvera Camp will be facilitated by Bess Sadler, Tom Johnson,
Justin Coyne and Trey Pendragon - Just added! Valkyrie Overview & Hands-on
(with Trey Pendragon)- Get up to speed on emerging community design
patterns. Understand how Valkyrie can fit into your Samvera stack today and
its future in Hyrax. - Hyrax 2.1.0 Setup & Feature Tour- Keep your
institution up-to-date with community evolution.
<https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/releases/tag/v2.1.0.beta2>- Extending
Hyrax & Understanding the Actor Stack- Learn to customize Hyrax the safe
way using Presenters, Form objects, and the Actor Stack to support lean
Models and Controllers.- Collections in Hyrax 2.1- Organize content with
custom collection types and other advanced collections features included in
Hyrax 2.1.- TDD: Advanced Testing with RSpec, Capybara & FactoryBot-
Develop skills for confident, fast development with Test Driven Development
(TDD) practices. Learn advanced techniques in Ruby testing frameworks with
widespread community adoption.- Single Sign On: LDAP, Shibboleth- Hands-on
SSO  integration for production-ready institutional authentication-
Workflow and Notifications- Understand the workflow features in Hyrax for
mediated deposit and publication processes.- Scaling IIIF- Support large
scale image collections with a stand-alone International Image
Interoperability Framework (IIIF) image server.- ActiveJob & Sidekiq- Build
responsive applications using background jobs and custom tuned queues.
Learn to write safe, retryable jobs and handle errors in production.-
Deployment & Production Considerations for Hyrax 2.x- Get ready for
production! Learn to tweak, optimize, configure, and monitor a production
Samvera system.*
*Rachel Lynn*
*Data Curation Experts*
612-720-6251