 The Open Preservation Foundation is pleased to welcome the International
Atomic Energy Agency Archives and Records Management Section as our latest
affiliate member.

The International Atomic Energy Agency Archives and Records Management
Section (IAEA) manages the Agency’s institutional memory and preserves the
official records documenting its programme activities and its historical
material in a variety of media. It maintains the availability and
authenticity of IAEA records, providing for continuity and enabling
accountability while ensuring confidentiality.

In order to ensure the accessibility, usability and digital continuity of
our holdings, the IAEA is increasingly engaging in a variety of projects
working towards establishing a digital long-term preservation environment.

“We use a number of valuable resources provided by the OPF” explains
Gabriella Ivacs, Section Head of the Archives and Records Management
Section. “We attend OPF webinars and are users of the OPF’s tools,
including JHOVE. It became clear that we could benefit from membership
while supporting the development and sustainability of these resources”.

Martin Wrigley, Executive Director of the OPF said: “We are delighted to
welcome the International Atomic Energy Agency Archives to the OPF and look
forward to working with them to use OPF tools and resources to help support
their digital preservation infrastructure.”

The IAEA joins our members from archives, libraries, research institutions,
universities, and service providers collaborating to advance digital
preservation knowledge and technology.

For more information about the IAEA visit:
https://www.iaea.org/resources/archives/.

To find out more about the benefits of becoming an OPF member and how to
join visit: http://openpreservation.org/about/join/.

--
Becky McGuinness | Community Manager
@openpreserve | Skype: becky.mcguinness1

*Open Preservation Foundation*
*http://openpreservation.org/ <http://openpreservation.org/>*

To find out more about becoming an OPF member visit:
http://openpreservation.org/about/join/