Hello Code4Lib,

This position that got posted to c4l jobs last week is just one of two metadata positions we're currently hiring for (the other one is permanent-full-time: https://smithcollege.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=47148&job=ad0081-metadata-and-technical-services-archivist), and one of six positions currently posted in Smith College Special Collections (https://www.smith.edu/libraries/about/employment-opportunities).

It's a very exciting time to join us, so I hope you'll consider applying and/or pass along these opportunities to other excellent people you know. As we prepare for the move into the New Neilson Library in 2020, the Smith College Special Collections (SCSC) is undertaking an unprecedented Access to Collections Project to describe and provide access to all of our new and existing collections. This includes infrastructure building, iterative processing, metadata creation, updating, and migration, and digitization.

To enable this transformational project, SCSC will be hiring 5 term positions: project manager/archivist, processing archivist, rare books technical services librarian, legacy metadata migration archivist, and a special Mellon-funded post-baccalaureate fellow. In addition, we have  posted for a permanent metadata archivist, bringing the total to 6 staff members who will be joining our team as a cohort. We encourage individuals to apply for one or more positions that reflect their own experience and qualifications. We are actively seeking the most inclusive and diverse pool of candidates.

If you have any questions about the positions, the project, or Smith College feel free to contact Beth Myers, Director of Special Collections ([log in to unmask]) or Christie Peterson, Head of Special Collections Technical Services ([log in to unmask]). The Access to Collections Project is funded in large part from the Smith College administration, College Libraries, and individual donors to special collections. Thank you!

Christie S. Peterson
Manager of Technical Services for Special Collections
Smith College

413-585-2074

she/her/hers