Come work with us!  The NEH (National Endowment for the Humanities) is looking to hire an awesome cybersecurity expert to be our CISO (Chief Information Security Officer).

The NEH is a grant-making agency that gives grants to support scholarly research and teaching in the fields of the humanities (history, literature, archaeology, philosophy, etc.).

As our CISO, you will report directly to our CIO (me!). My name is Brett Bobley and I’m the CIO as well as the Director of the Office of Digital Humanities, which is an office that supports projects that use computing for humanities research and teaching. You will also work closely with our Director of IRM.

Our agency has never had a CISO before, so you will have a lot of leeway to help create/maintain a cybersecurity program here at the NEH that keeps our data secure and meets with NIST and OMB cyber guidelines.

Since our agency mission is all about supporting the humanities, I’d be particularly keen to see some job applicants from the world of higher education, libraries, museums, or cultural heritage.

The pay is at the GS-13 level ($96,970 to $126,062 per year) and includes excellent benefits. Deadline to apply is June 5, 2018.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29201-chief-information-security-officer