Hey everyone -

I'm excited to forward along this official email, announcing Endangered
Data Week's participation in the upcoming Mozilla Global Sprint and warmly
inviting you all to join in this endeavor!

Details below...

+

Hello!

We’re excited to announce that Endangered Data Week
<http://endangereddataweek.org/> (EDW) is participating in the upcoming Mozilla
Global Sprint <https://foundation.mozilla.org/opportunity/global-sprint/>
on May 10th and 11th, 2018. We’re writing to invite you to join in and
participate!

Mozilla Global Sprints are community events designed to support the
development of open projects for a healthy internet. They are meant to be
fast-paced, fun, and collaborative. During this year’s sprint, EDW plans to
develop a user-friendly toolkit of endangered data-related tutorials and
resources—we will collect materials created by organizers of past
Endangered Data Week events and also generate new materials that event
organizers can use in developing future Endangered Data Week events.

There’s an EDW Global Sprint primer
<https://github.com/endangereddataweek/resources/blob/master/global-sprint-2018.md>
with more info. Additional details, as well as a place to chat and ask
questions during the Sprint, is in the EDW Etherpad
<https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/endangereddataweek>.

You are invited to join in and participate no matter what your skill set,
time commitments, or experience! We are looking for librarians, archivists,
journalists, scholars, artists, lawyers, data scientists, educators, and
others; people with experience in teaching, writing, coding, design; as
well students and learners of all kinds—anyone who’s passionate about the
preservation of digital information, data, and records. You can choose to
help for 10 minutes, a few hours, or two full days; and you can participate
onsite at one of our EDW sprint locations (in Omaha, East Lansing, and
Boston) or remotely. Check out our evolving list of ways to contribute to
the toolkit here <https://github.com/endangereddataweek/resources/issues>.
And please feel free to reach out to us if you have additional ideas for
materials we should add to the toolkit or any questions.

All that’s missing is you! Come join us!

Hope to see you there,

Jason Heppler, [log in to unmask]

Sarah Melton, [log in to unmask]

Brandon Locke [log in to unmask]

Rachel Mattson, [log in to unmask]

P.s. Please feel free to share this email with anyone else in your
communities and networks who might be interested in participating.

--
Rachel Mattson, PhD
*>Manager of Digital & Special Projects*, La MaMa Archives

rachelmattson.wordpress.com
@captain_maybe