In case you aren’t subscribed to NDSA-ALL, please see the email below
regarding the Levels of Preservation.

Nathan

From: The NDSA organization list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Daigle, Bradley J. (bjd2b)
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NDSA-ALL] Time for a Cool Change: Adding and Updating the NDSA
Levels of Preservation

Dear All,

The NDSA created its landmark
<http://ndsa.org/activities/levels-of-digital-preservation/> Levels of
Preservation, Version 1.0, in 2013. You can read the original explanation
for why we created the Levels
<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/documents/NDSA_Levels_Archiving_2013.pdf>
here.  As many of you know, the Levels document was meant to be adapted as
new preservation solutions and strategies emerged. You have told us the
Levels need to be updated and we have heard you.

The NDSA proposes to launch a Levels of Preservation Working Group whose
primary task will be to provide the methodology by which this important
document can be adapted more readily—taking in the broadest possible
feedback in the process. How is this different than the other NDSA Working
Groups? We will not limit this group to NDSA members, though we will
strongly encourage everyone to participate. The preliminary charge for this
group will be:

1.2.	Identify
those
3.	actively engaged in adapting the Levels

4.5.
6.	Cast a wide
7.	net for those willing to engage in updating the current version

8.9.
10.	Create a methodology
11.	by which disparate approaches can be fully vetted and harmonized into
Version 2.0 of the Levels

12.13.
14.	Devise an ongoing
15.	strategy by which the Levels can be adapted on a regular basis.

16.If you are interested in participating, please
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGkLh-elDvuSDt7RJubNSmBmOxxKAeTgH6-4hEyvNmnZQyrg/viewform?c=0&w=1>
fill out our form.

Best,

Bradley for the NDSA Coordinating Committee

Bradley J. Daigle
University of Virginia Library
434-924-4735