I have been using the GitPitch presentation service to embed code snippets
into a presentation.

In that service, the following code (using an extension of markdown)

+++?code=
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DSpace-Labs/DSpace-codenvy/master/Scripts/workspaceInit.sh
> Workspace initialization script - already run
> @[34](Before ingesting content, we need an administrator id)
> @[36-43](Data Load Script)

generates the following display which I find very useful.

   - https://gitpitch.com/DSpace-Labs/DSpace-rel-demo/webinar#/6/1

Note that if you hit the space bar, the code scrolls to the designated line
numbers referenced above.

I would actually be curious to embed a similar code viewer on a web page
(rather than in just a slide show).

Are you aware of any tools or services that are able to generate an
embedded code viewer that can reference source files from GitHub?

Thanks,

Terry

--
Terry Brady