Hi Eric,

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but you could limit the total
percentage of cpu usage for your processes by wrapping them in a cgroup.
Here's a link to an article that gives a decent introduction to cpu
limiting and cgroups,
http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/2014/11/04/restricting-process-cpu-usage-using-nice-cpulimit-and-cgroups
.

-f