Eric,

I don't know if spacy has anything built in for this, but I'd recommend
going in the direction suggested by Flannon and one of the answers on Stack
Overflow, and use your OS to do the limiting, if it supports that.

If your goal is specifically to limit the *number* of CPUs a process can
use, on Linux the commands to look at are numactl and taskset:
http://www.glennklockwood.com/hpc-howtos/process-affinity.html

good luck

AC