Hi all,

I was hoping someone could point me to some programs that might be
helpful.  I am helping a scholar plan a large scale digitization of his
collection of Arabic books so he can work abroad and need to find out the
best way to scan and OCR them.  While I know generally how to look into the
scanning of the books, though if anyone knows some good services that
aren't too expensive let me know, the bigger question is how well we can
OCR them.  Does anyone have advice of how to run OCR on non-Roman character
texts?  Particularly in this case in Arabic.  Any insights would be helpful
as we put this plan together so can develop this project and its budget
appropriately.  Thanks for any information you folks can provide.

Matt Sherman