I suspect that FIRPA requirements will make it quite difficult to use an
outside hosting service.  However, since many institutions already have
students swipe at various locations on campus, infrastructure for your
needs probably exists on your campus already.  In fact, it appears that
a faculty member on your campus has been doing research with such data:

https://executive.eller.arizona.edu/2018/04/03/how-a-ua-professor-uses-student-id-card-data-to-help-predict-dropouts/

--Kevin