From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Erin White
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] GDPR and your library website

Hi folks,

Is anyone making changes to your library website, sub-sites, or other digital platforms in order to comply with GDPR regulations?

Bonus: if so, are you also working to increase users' awareness of how their data is collected and used across the library, not just on the web?

We're mulling a few options here. Our university-level IT group plans to launch a web click-through page before users from the EU can proceed to institutional websites, but our library servers don't fall under their control for this change.

I think this could be an opportunity for us to increase privacy awareness for all our users, rather than just EU visitors, and I've seen a few non-library websites present this info to everyone in a way that isn't obtrusive or alarming. But, I haven't gotten a sense of whether this is something other library folks are considering as well.

Thanks for anything you've got to share.

--
Erin White
Head, Digital Engagement, VCU Libraries <https://www.library.vcu.edu>