Hello-
We are excited to share this announcement. I thought may be of interest to this list.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Take care,
John

Letter from CDL Executive Director: https://www.cdlib.org/cdlinfo/2018/05/30/letter-to-the-community-cdl-and-dryad-partnership/
Press Release: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-05/cdl-adp052918.php
RT: https://twitter.com/CalDigLib/status/1002227865419763713

_______

California Digital Library (CDL) is proud to announce a formal partnership with Dryad. Our partnership will make it easier to integrate data publishing into researcher workflows and will focus on building a sustainable, credible, community-led offering within the research data space. We aim to build broad, sustainable, and values-aligned approaches to data curation and data publishing. With both CDL and Dryad’s expertise, we will be able to offer:

• Researchers: a higher level of service and integration into their established workflows
• Publishers: direct integrations and more comprehensive curation services
• Institutions: a globally-accessible, community-led, low-cost infrastructure and service that focuses on breaking down silos between publishing, libraries, and research

Our immediate next step is to gather ideas from the institutional and library community. We want to provide a mission-aligned and affordable alternative to industry products, ensuring that libraries and their non-profit partners have the capacity to manage academic research outputs. We will also be looking to work with the publisher community on tighter technical and workflow  integrations.

In the coming months, CDL and Dryad will be convening meetings and workshops with stakeholders. Our goal is to gather a community of like-minded partners to help us define product features, curation approaches, price points, etc. of this new community-led library/institutional Dryad offering.  We can’t do this alone.  We will need community input and buy-in early and often in order for this project to unlock its full potential.  We hope you will join us!

California Digital Library
John Chodacki | Director, University of California Curation Center (UC3)
UC Office of the President | 415 20th Street 4th Floor | Oakland, CA 94612
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Main +1-510-987-0555 | Mobile +1-415-235-0378
CDL: website<http://www.cdlib.org/> I Twitter<https://twitter.com/caldiglib> | UC3: website <http://www.cdlib.org/uc3> I Twitter <https://twitter.com/UC3CDL> I Blog<http://datapub.cdlib.org/>