Hi, Terry –

Thanks for the tip. After you recommended it last year, I've been
enjoying using GitPitch. Before that, if I wanted to easily create a
presentation, particularly if it had embedded math or code, I used
Beamer in LaTeX.

I've found that the ability to easily embed technical content should
be used with utmost care. It's just so easy to add too much and end up
with terrible slides.

The one trouble point I had with GitPitch is that it took me a while
to figure out how to do it entirely within the GitHub interface. I was
messing around with a local git repo to create the markdown file.
Having GitHub make a README file when creating a new repository got
around this.

> Are you aware of any tools or services that are able to generate an
> embedded code viewer that can reference source files from GitHub?

Unfortunately, no. Please report back if you find something.

However, GitHub's pastebin service, Gist, does support embedding. Be
sure to use to appropriate file extension to get syntax highlighting.

Cheers,

Tom