Tom, Kenny, and Bill,

Thank you for the responses!

Gist It appears to provide the most flexibility.  I like that it allows a
slice of line numbers to be extracted.

I discovered that Jekyll provides a convenient way to reference a GitHub
Gist.

I created a page with some sample embeds that are visible when viewed in
GitHub Pages.

   - https://github.com/terrywbrady/tutorialTest/blob/master/README.md