Hi Everybody,

Notes from last Friday’s Cloud Studies Subgroup are now available – see below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13KvdzedlqQw0BCsiZQPw2jA8tRknDRLGbkVbJldVDMk/edit

Of special note is the opportunity that has been offered by Luciana Duranti from the InterPARES Records in the Cloud Project (http://www.recordsinthecloud.org/) to participate in a community review of a new standard that InterPARES and others are developing to advance toward ISO review/approval. The is Preservation as a Service for Trust.

Luciana has graciously permitted us to share the draft standard through a private component on our OSF project. If you would like to review the document and commit to sending Luciana some feedback, please request to be added as a contributor to our project page or request the document off-list and I can put you in touch with Luciana directly.

Jane Mandelbaum and the Digital Preservation Storage Group have also graciously agreed to let us link into their Digital Preservation Storage Criteria version 2.0, a resource for evaluating cloud storage offerings across a very comprehensive range of metrics. It is now a Linked Project on our OSF page: https://osf.io/zjyk8/. The criteria are undergoing a further round of developments at iPRES.

Our next meeting is scheduled for Friday, June 29th at 2pm ET. Zoom info will be available shortly.

Thanks,

--
Matt Schultz
Metadata & Digital Curation Librarian