*Please join the ALCTS Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical
Services Interest Group (RPLTS IG) at the 2018 ALA Annual in New Orleans,
LADate and time: Saturday, June 23, 10:30-11:30 a.m.Location: MCC Building
room 299, New Orleans, LAThe program will include the following
presentations:Inter-departmental Collaboration on Electronic Theses and
DissertationsIn an effort to streamline thesis and dissertation cataloging
at the University of Arkansas, a working group was devised to create a
semi-automated workflow. Our new, multi-departmental workflow eliminates
redundancies, allowing us to provide better access to the intellectual
output on our campus. This presentation describes the experience (including
some lessons learned) of the collaboration between multiple library
departments as well as departments across campus. It acknowledges the
importance of library and campus collaboration and emphasizes clear and
consistent communication as a means to meeting user needs, and it will
include a detailed look at our newly created workflow, our new procedural
material, and our new student forms.Rachel Paul, Assistant Professor and
Cataloging Librarian at the University of Arkansas; Cedar C. Middleton,
Institutional Repository Coordinator at the University of
Arkansas  Revitalizing the Group Dynamic - Conversations Across a
ConsortiumThis presentation will address the benefits and challenges of
building and sustaining relationships with tech services colleagues in
other institutions, and the importance of harnessing a “stronger together”
mantra to support members of a consortium – both locally and regionally.
WALDO (Westchester Academic Library Director’s Organization) is a
consortium of member libraries that supports the procurement and
administration of electronic resources and services for academic, public,
and special libraries. The presenters, who work in different libraries in
the New York City metro area, will discuss their backgrounds with the WALDO
consortium, and what they have recently done to help revitalize and
transform WALDO's technical services discussion group to encourage more
involvement and capture more voices. Topics that will be addressed include:
listening to our members; assessing tools and resources that support online
conversations and resource sharing; and developing relevant discussion
topics, training, and events to address a variety of needs.Maureen
Clements, Systems and Technical Services Librarian at Mercy College;
Susanne Markgren, Assistant Director for Technical Services at the Library
of Manhattan College Collaborating to Get the Most Out of Library and
e-Book Vendor Statistical ReportsThis presentation will focus on how the
Troy University Libraries’ Head of Technical Services, Business Reference
Librarian, Social Sciences Reference/Government Documents Librarian, and
Head of Public Services collaboration to study the use of their print and
e-book collections has benefited both departments.  Together they are able
to reach goals for both departments including: appropriate allocation of
funds for acquisitions, distribution of Technical Services workflow,
insight into our users’ preferences for collection development, and
discovering which users to target for promotion of the different
resources.Jana Slay, Head of Technical Services; Rachel Hooper, Business
Reference Librarian; Kelly Wilson, Social Sciences Reference/Government
Documents Librarian; Jeff Simpson, Head of Public Services (All from Troy
University Library) We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!Michelle
Hahn and Tiewei Liu (Co-Chairs)Suzhen Chen and Kristin Flachsbart (Co-Vice
Chairs)*