* Greetings Colleagues!We invite you all to register for the upcoming Legal
Possibilities for Software Preservation Miniseries! REGISTER AND LEARN
MORE: http://bit.ly/spn-events <http://bit.ly/spn-events> The miniseries
concludes Software Preservation Webinar Series, a series jointly hosted by
the Digital Preservation Coalition and the Software Preservation Network
that examines several software preservation contexts including collection
development, reuse cases, scholarly communication, scaling programs within
and across organizations, and software preservation legal challenges. Each
webinar lasts 45 minutes, uses the Zoom web conferencing platform and
includes: - Overview and introduction to the topic by the Research/Content
Lead- Guest introductions- Facilitated roundtable discussion- Q&A with
attendeesAll webinar episodes will be recorded and made available online
after each event.Legal Miniseries Overview: EPISODE 6: CopyrightJuly 11th
// 8amPST - 10am CST - 4pm BST/CETFeaturing Special Guests: - Andrew
Charlesworth
<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/people/andrew-j-charlesworth/index.html>
(University of Bristol)- Brandon Butler
<https://static.lib.virginia.edu/directory/staff/bcb4y.html> (University of
Virginia)- Kendra Albert <https://cyber.harvard.edu/people/kalbert>
(Harvard University)EPISODE 7: Licensing and Other Legal Possibilities July
18th // 8amPST - 10am CST - 4pm BST/CETFeaturing Special Guests: - Andrew
Charlesworth
<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/people/andrew-j-charlesworth/index.html>
(University of Bristol)- Brandon Butler
<https://static.lib.virginia.edu/directory/staff/bcb4y.html> (University of
Virginia)- Burkhard Schafer
<http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/people/burkhardschafer> (University of
Edinburgh)Sharing your experience and perspective is critical to
understanding the hurdles in software preservation, to imagining future
uses of software-dependent data, and to the development of a mutual
understanding about where collective action is necessary to facilitate
those future uses - so we earnestly hope you will join the discussion.The
webinar series is free to attend, however, tickets are limited due to our
web conferencing subscription tier. Both episodes will be recorded and
posted online the Friday following the Wednesday webinar.Thank you for your
time and consideration.We look forward to talking to you soon.Kind
Regards,Jessica Meyerson (SPN)Sarah Middleton (DPC)*
--
*Jessica Meyerson*
Research Program Officer

Working from Austin, TX
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> | 512-864-4575