Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 Innovation Awards for the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA)! The NDSA established the Innovation Awards in 2012 to recognize and encourage innovation in the field of digital stewardship.
These awards focus on recognizing excellence in the following areas:
· Individuals making a significant, innovative contribution to the digital preservation community.
· Projects whose goals or outcomes represent an inventive, meaningful addition to the understanding or processes required for successful, sustainable digital preservation stewardship.
· Organizations taking an innovative approach to providing support and guidance to the digital preservation community.
· Future stewards, especially students, taking a creative approach to advancing knowledge of digital preservation issues and practices.
· Educators, including trainers or curricular endeavors, promoting innovative approaches and access to digital preservation through partnerships, professional development opportunities, and curriculum.
As a diverse membership group with a shared commitment to digital preservation, the NDSA understands the importance of innovation and risk-taking in developing and supporting a broad range of successful digital preservation activities. Acknowledging that innovative digital stewardship can take many forms, eligibility for these awards has been left purposely broad. Nominations are open to anyone or anything that falls into the above categories and any entity can be nominated for one of the four awards. Nominees should be US-based people and projects or collaborative international projects that contain a US-based partner. This is your chance to help us highlight and reward novel, risk-taking, and inventive approaches to the challenges of digital preservation.
You can submit a nomination via this quick, easy online submission form:
Nominations will be accepted until August 31, 2018. The prizes will be presented to the winners at the Digital Preservation 2018 meeting taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 17-18, 2018. Winners will be asked to deliver a very brief talk about their activities as part of the awards ceremony.
Help us recognize and reward innovation in digital stewardship and submit a nomination!
We encourage all NDSA members to submit nominations. We will be hitting electronic mailing lists, but also please promote the awards throughout your community.
For more information on the details on awards from previous years, please see here: http://ndsa.org/awards/
Sheila M. Morrissey
100 Campus Drive
Princeton NJ 08540
ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization that helps the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways. We provide innovative services that benefit higher education, including Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico.
to manage your NDSA-ALL subscription, visit ndsa.org/ndsa-all