Hi Folks - I am trying to locate a commercial or open source off-site storage inventory software. I have searched the archives and could not find a definitive answer / list or discussion. So I am curious, what do other libraries use to track physical items in off-site store (eg, locations within the storage facility, barcode scanning, management, tracking, etc.)?

— We have a soon-to-be deprecated custom solution written by a vendor —

* I am aware that there is the GFA software system, but that is about it.
* I am aware there are commercial systems like Asset Panda than can be licensed by user (rather than by item, which is how many folks use Asset Panda)

However, I would love to know what other folks use, whether it’s home-grown, for some successful implementation of a vendor product.

Thanks so much!

Steven

Steven Turner, MLIS
Manager, Web Technologies and Development, Assistant Professor
University Libraries
The University of Alabama
416 Gorgas Library | Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0266
office 205-348-1638
[log in to unmask] | http://www.lib.ua.edu/

[cid:[log in to unmask]]