Dear Colleagues,

I am an Archivist and Assistant Professor at the University of Idaho, who is conducting research on born digital appraisal and acquisitions in special collections and archives.

The purpose of this research study is to learn about current professional practices surrounding appraising and accessioning born digital material. This project seeks to examine the appraisal practices across born digital collections to help other archives build scalable, robust workflows and policies for born digital collections.

You may be eligible for this study if you are an archivist at an institution collects born digital files or media such as floppy disks, CDs, USBs, or hard drives.

Please consider completing a 15-30 minute survey on the topic. All information reported in this survey will be kept confidential. The survey does not request enough information to identify individual respondents.

If you are interested in voluntarily completing this brief survey, please follow the link to the online survey provided below.

https://uidaho.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_brcSM9gwcxS5ldz

Thank you for your time and consideration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, I can be reached at [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Ashlyn Velte
Archivist/Assistant Professor
University of Idaho Library